Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Constipation IBS

(5 Posts)
murphys Tue 02-Sep-14 12:00:00

I suffer with IBS but usually don't get constipated as a result, it is usually quite the opposite [hmm).

I know I cannot eat white bread, but I just couldn't resist that slice of hot fresh bread a few days ago.

I haven't been to the loo for 4 days now. I am so horribly bloated, sore, irritable, got terrible haemorrhoids too now which are just so painful.........

Nothing seems to be getting me moving. My normal drops I take nor tablets I have to take for the ibs.

What can I do to get moving? I have even combined the two foods that do not work well together with me (egg and cheese --they are my fast evacuation combo--), but not even that worked...

I am drinking water, eaten prunes and fruit I can tolerate, made veg soup - and nothing!!

Please help and suggest something else...

Germgirl Tue 02-Sep-14 12:04:04

Bisocodyl suppositories. You get them from pharmacies. They're a bit brutal. You insert one & then spend the next 15 minutes trying not to poo yourself. But they do work incredibly well and very fast.
Glycerin suppositories are a gentler alternative although they don't sork for me.
I inadvertently found a great constipation cure yesterday. Half a bag of licorice allsorts!

OldBagWantsNewBag Tue 02-Sep-14 12:13:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OldBagWantsNewBag Tue 02-Sep-14 12:14:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

murphys Tue 02-Sep-14 14:46:20

Thanks all. Have bought some Bisacodyl as I cannot eat another morsel, I think I may just explode!

Ds has the junior version of Movicol (Pegicol) so I think I may use those for next few days as she doesn't need them anymore..

And I will try not to be tempted again with the delicious hot bread. Just not worth it sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now