Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Aching in old DVT leg

(2 Posts)
jilted Mon 01-Sep-14 19:16:33

I had a DVT after my dd1 was born about 5 years ago. I had a few flare ups with pain afterwards for a year or two. Since then I've had two more dc (youngest 9 months) but had no issues during or after pregnancies.

Anyway, my leg is suddenly aching today. I can't feel any acute pain or really locate it, its just the leg feels heavy and aching.
Anyone else had this a long time after a dvt?

EverythingCounts Tue 02-Sep-14 23:39:30

Yes, I have. I have sometimes massaged my leg with moisturiser and that's helped I go away. Once this was particularly bad and I went to my usual anticoagulant clinic because I was worried - they told me to have a precautionary injection of Fragmin and it improved after that. I would try the massaging thing, and make sure you're well hydrated, for a day or two but if it doesn't improve, or if it suddenly gets worse in the meantime, I would contact the clinic you attended before for advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now