Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Thrush won't go

(7 Posts)
Minime85 Thu 28-Aug-14 14:40:20

Any advice greatly received. I took an oral boots own brand tablet on Monday evening. Symptoms improved by Wednesday but getting worse again today. I want to take another one but I'm worried it's too soon. Don't want to leave it 10 days as leaflet says, it's unbearable! Anyone offer any advice?

Pobblewhohasnotoes Thu 28-Aug-14 14:53:30

Have you tried the cream and pessary?

TheMagicToyshop Thu 28-Aug-14 14:56:21

Yes try the pessary and if that doesn't work go to GP and they can put you on a longer term course of tablets/pessaries.

Minime85 Thu 28-Aug-14 16:07:44

Thanks problem is predators burn me so I can't use them. Want to take another tablet but wonder if I should jut give it a bit longer to work. Just worried it will get more embedded and was so uncomfortable at work today

Minime85 Thu 28-Aug-14 16:08:11

Predators! Or even pessaries!

Pippin8 Thu 28-Aug-14 20:23:26

I had this 5 times in as many months, I tried all the creams & pessaries but nothing worked.My GP wouldn't prescribe me a 7 day course of miconazole as a nurse friend had advised.

A friend who is a qualified aromatherapist advised me to use a few drops of tea tree oil on a pad & it worked a treat. You can dilute it down with grape seed oil or water. I used it neat & it did sting a bit but cleared it up. I've not had it since.

merlehaggard Sun 31-Aug-14 19:44:39

I often get bouts of thrush (caused by being on steroids) and to completely clear this up I get prescribed 100mg fluconozole for 3 days followed by 50mg for the next 11 days. I would imagine that over the counter, you only got 50mg so on that basis, I wouldn't worry too much about taking another one. I think I would go to the doctor to get a prescription though just to make sure you get prescribed enough to clear if up properly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now