Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career x

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Low blood pressure?

(4 Posts)
KatyMac Wed 27-Aug-14 09:42:56

I have generally low blood pressure (& lots of unassociated health problems)

But DD had her blood pressure taken for the first time last week - it's 108/58

Would a teenager have naturally low blood pressure or is it because she is so fit?

Matildathecat Wed 27-Aug-14 11:54:53

Normal. Lucky her.smile

overthemill Wed 27-Aug-14 11:56:38

It doesn't seem especially low to me. Mine is always 95/60. And dd has super low blood pressure: 70/48 usually which DIES cause lots problems!!!!

Lonecatwithkitten Wed 27-Aug-14 14:24:58

Sadly the medical profession fail to get excited unless it hits really low at 70/40 someone suggested that perhaps that might try something.
They believe that you are so lucky to have such low blood pressure, yes nearly fainting pretty much every time you bend down and then stand up is great.
Plus if you become hypertensive (for you) it can be a struggle to get correct treatment. My mum had low blood pressure and then had a retinal bleed due to high (for her) blood pressure, because her blood pressure was not classically high her GP took her off the drugs the hospital had prescribed and now she has stage two chronic renal failure secondary to high blood pressure even though her blood pressure is still not classically high.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now