Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

teething hell...or is it something else?

(5 Posts)
hydeparkhottie Sun 24-Aug-14 22:25:57

I have a 9 month old who is going through something terrible. She is screaming with pain every hour..and it's been like this for three days now. She cannot be put down and even when we hold her and stand up she is crying.

My son wasn't like this when he was teething; but my little sisters were. Am I wrong to assume this is completely to do with teething? She isn't showing any other signs of illness. She is definitely not eating much at all. Her sleep is super disturbed.

chocnwine Sun 24-Aug-14 23:10:36

I think I would take her to the GP to be on the safe side. Sounds like she is in pain. Do you have an out of hours service near you?
Suppose you tried calpol already?

clarella Mon 25-Aug-14 07:58:54

Might be hand foot and mouth or a nasty mouth ulcer. We've had both this year and both were as you describe. Poor lamb hope she's better soon.

Keep an eye on nappy out put - any less than 2 wees in 24 hours should probably be checked out as she could become dehydrated.

We had to alternate calpol and ibuprofen during both illnesses.

clarella Mon 25-Aug-14 07:59:31

I'd second out of hours or even a and e

Haribolover Tue 26-Aug-14 09:32:26

If it 'just' teething then found nurofen a lot better than calpol.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now