Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

smelly breath in toddler with high temp

(5 Posts)
PakoraPincher Sat 23-Aug-14 12:30:37

last night my dd(3) was feeling hot to the touch so gave her calpol and water.

this morning, she is better in that she's not hot, just warmish but lying around, not really playing much. i gave her calpol again

around 2-3 weeks ago she had a urine infecion where she would lose control of her bladder and wet her trousers, this was with the temp and bad breath. the doctor treated this with antibiotics which we completed the week course

she has so far kept control of her bladder

IndigoBarbie Sat 23-Aug-14 18:15:49

my DS gets a kind of sourish smell from his breath when he has had a fever in the past, but it does get better as his body re-balances.

hope your LO feels better soon

Monstermissy36 Sat 23-Aug-14 18:20:51

I know when mine are getting poorly cause their breath always smells different/odd comes with the temperature I think!

frogmore6 Sat 23-Aug-14 18:21:28

Was she constipated?

PakoraPincher Sat 23-Aug-14 18:25:25

she hasnt opened her bowels today, took her to chemist who said wait 24 hrs then walk in centre, we showed her to the nurse who said it looks like the infection is back but as you were prescribed antibiotics a little time ago, dont want to give them again.

if she has a temperature in the morning, then we can send her to a+e who will treat her there

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now