Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Head lice treatment in tesco???

(8 Posts)
Castlecellar Thu 21-Aug-14 22:22:08

Urrgh! Just found nits in my daughters hair! If I go to our 24 hour tesco now, can I buy the treatment or do I have to go to a pharmacy?? Thanks

Springcleanish Thu 21-Aug-14 22:26:33

Yes, but they are all useless IMO. You need plenty of conditioner and a nitty gritty comb. I'd wait to do it in the morning, less grizzling, then bedding can come off to wash and dry during the day, repeat combing every couple of days for a week or so. Good luck.

ClaimedByMe Thu 21-Aug-14 22:27:44

I find the full marks lotion works great it also comes with a good metal comb.

frignorant Thu 21-Aug-14 22:28:12

You can buy Hedrin over the counter but if you go to a pharmacy they will give you some Hedrin and a comb on the free over the counter prescription thingy (forgot the proper name). I think you'll need her NHS number to do it.

butterflybuttons Thu 21-Aug-14 22:29:57

I agree Nitty Gritty and conditioner is all you need - no need to buy the expensive and useless chemicals.

SoonToBeSix Thu 21-Aug-14 22:33:57

Soak in gold listerine under a shower cap for two hours rinse wash , leave conditioner on hair and comb out eggs/ dead lice. Repeat in seven days . The chemical head lice treatments do not work.

Longdistance Thu 21-Aug-14 22:34:37

I ran to the 24hrs Asda last week, and bought FullMarks lotion over the counter.

When I combed it out, the bugs just dropped out envy bauk!

But, I had to do dds hair twice, as her hair is thick. I had to do it in sections with grips in her hair to go through it with a fine tooth comb.

We're all good now smile

Castlecellar Thu 21-Aug-14 22:47:57

Ok, thank you! I will dash to 24 hour tesco and see what I can get. I've got to be at work at 9, so wanted to get a treatment in and done before I go. Not to mention the bedding in the machine!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now