Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pcos acne and facial hair

(3 Posts)
Peppa87 Thu 21-Aug-14 10:49:19

I will keep this short and straight to the point as I think I will only have a few minutes until my baby wakes!

Mid twenties

Am told I have 'Possible PCOS' (though I don't doubt it) scan showed appearance of syndrome, though all blood tests done on specific cycle days showed my hormone levels are within normal range and no concerns.

Taking logynon contraceptive pill

Had my first baby a few months ago, during pregnancy my skin improved drastically, lovely and clear. I did have more facial hair, but I think this sometimes comes with pregnancy anyway?

Since giving birth I have had constant acne, mainly on my cheeks, very sore spots, leaving behind red angry marks.

Facial hair is still a problem too. Waxing irritates my skin, same with hair removal. After a few days it does settle down, but always results in more spots, even when using sensitive options. Threading I have not tried, but my local salon charges 40 pounds for full face excluding eyebrows which seems expensive to me.

Does anybody have any tips, or products they swear by to help with these problems?

I just want to feel attractive again sad

Thanks very much

KenDoddsDadsDog Thu 21-Aug-14 22:07:57

The Yasmin pill really helped me. I use Dermalogica and a really excellent and cheap product from eBay at night - acne getaway 101e. It's some kind of Chinese herbal stuff and it's not harsh but a good preventative.

Peppa87 Sun 24-Aug-14 19:35:01

Thanks ever so much for your reply, baby is keeping me busy so i haven't had time to look on here properly but i will have a good read tonight at this and replies on other topics i posted in and try a few things out and visit my doctor!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now