Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Possible TMI so sorry in advance.

(4 Posts)
blahblahblah72 Tue 19-Aug-14 19:59:31

Had a biopsy done on perineum last week under General Anaesthetic. Still waiting on results. Meanwhile, I haven't been able to 'poo' since last Wednesday. It's not that I'm constipated as I've been taking laxatives for a few days, it's just that it won't come out iyswim. shock It's as though my bum hole has closed completely. (Sorry for the vocabulary!!)
Went to GP about this today and he immediately blamed it on the Tramadol I'd been prescribed, despite the fact that I haven't taken any for 6 days. He didn't even examine me.
Any advice gratefully received. blush

coffeeinbed Tue 19-Aug-14 20:00:50

Try a suppository.
Should shift it.

divingoffthebalcony Tue 19-Aug-14 20:04:36

Well, you ARE constipated, despite the laxatives. I agree that you need some suppositories, and different laxatives, or an increased dose.

I feel for you, I'm sadly a bit of an expert when it comes to bowel issues.

blahblahblah72 Tue 19-Aug-14 20:15:33

Okay I will try a suppository. Am going on a long car journey tomorrow so will maybe wait for another day wink
Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now