Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Dislocating/subluxing hip need help

(4 Posts)
Hedgehog80 Tue 19-Aug-14 12:56:25

Have had 'trouble' with my left hip since April 12 after having ds2 it would ache and 'pop' and clunk a lot and if I sat down down it would slip out then clunk back in on standing.
I went to gp a couple weeks ago as it was happening more and was painful and my leg kept giving way, I have a physio appt end of sep.

The last two nights I have woken repeatedly by the sickening feeling of it dislocating/subluxing I'm not sure which, and popping in and out and I nearly vomit each time it happens. In the end I slept on my back with a pillow under left bum cheek to try and keep it in place.
I hate the feeling, I feel faint and have a pain in my stomach due to anxiety (?) which I also get then feel sick when it pops out again.
What can I do ? I hate it. I've had jaw dislocations before (I have EDS but this is far far worse)

Woodenheart Tue 19-Aug-14 13:01:04

I would ring all local hospitals and ask if they have a drop in Physio. My friend got to our local one at 07.00 and was seen at 07.10, when she came out the waiting room was packed.

Failing that, an osteopath may be able to see you tomorrow at a cost.

Also ring the physio dept at the place where you have an appointment in Sept, explain whats happening and they may see you asap.

Hedgehog80 Tue 19-Aug-14 13:04:26

It was the soonest appt they had as all the clinics are booked up weeks in advance. I will see if there's a walk in or similar somewhere as last night was horrible and since about 11 am today I just feel really awful my hip feels odd and I feel anxious.

Matildathecat Tue 19-Aug-14 23:16:30

I was born with dislocated hips and have had surgery to both as a child. I was left with a very clunky right hip which does a real popping, clunking thing sometimes depending on what I'm doing. I would say it's unpleasant rather than painful.

Anyway it's been seen and checked and apparently it's the ligament (or tendon?) snapping across the joint and not in any way dangerous.

Just wanted to mention this in case it's the same as your problem. Hope you are ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now