Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Did anyone manage to flush their gallstones naturally ?

(6 Posts)
Allsosad Mon 18-Aug-14 13:38:54

I'd like to avoid the surgery if I can...I have a couple of attacks a year (I have 8 stones) and my last liver function test results was not great so I'm really keen on trying something natural before surgery ! Thank you for your help !

hiddenhome Mon 18-Aug-14 23:12:54

You'll have to do some research, but I've read that lemon juice and Olive oil can do the trick.

FannyFifer Mon 18-Aug-14 23:14:42

I don't think it's possible, kidney stones maybe but not gall stones.

higgle Wed 20-Aug-14 14:01:34

I had gall stones, I had three episodes of excrutiating pain which were linked to dietary factors. The first time I'd just started a diet and the second two times I'd eaten far too much lovely cheese on holiday.

I had a scan at the local hospital and could see it was more like small grains than big lumps ( though the ultra sound lady told me they are equally troublesome) I decided to eat more moderately and in 3 years I have not had a repeat attack. If I did I think I'd soon opt for surgery, nothing more painful in my life.

Purplevicki Wed 20-Aug-14 14:21:54

I had the op exactly a year ago. Best thing ever after many, many attacks. The last attack, which resulted in a 2 week stay in hospital ended in surgery. I ended up with pancreatitis during the last attack so just be mindful that could happen!

It was keyhole surgery and I then had a stent as I had stones stuck in my 'tract' which needed a little help. The endoscopy was so much worse than the operation!

comeawaywithme Wed 20-Aug-14 14:38:58

I'm with Purplevicki I was terrified of having the surgery and put off having the op as I was hoping diet alone would keep the attacks under control, but I ended up with a gangrenous gallbladder and a 1 week stay in hospital. I'm sure there are people who can control their symptoms, but I'm so glad I had it out and that I can now eat what I like without worrying about another attack.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now