Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is there a way to bring my period on?

(13 Posts)
ladypete Mon 11-Aug-14 15:47:33

DISCLAIMER: Pregnancy is NOT a possibility here

I'm 7 days late according to my app (grin)

I've had a google and have come across reasons such as
recent travel and disrupting body clock - check
recent (deliberate) weight loss - check
increase in exercise regime - check
change of eating habits - check if a bingey birthday weekend counts!

However now I have had a pre-period breakout, my usual "pre period hungry day" has lasted a week and I am retaining about 5lb of water. My lower abdomen feels heavy and I would just like this period to come already so it's over with!

Any tips? confused

specialsubject Mon 11-Aug-14 20:48:03

eat properly? Serious calorie deficit will stop periods for evolutionary reasons. Is the weight loss drastic?

but no, nothing 'brings on' a period except various types of medication.

popperdoodles Mon 11-Aug-14 21:56:15

sex used to work for me sometimes. not sure if it was the hormones released or the physical effects but has worked for me in the past even though it might be the last thing you feel like.

ouryve Mon 11-Aug-14 21:57:31

Wearing white trousers is a failsafe.

LotsaTuddles Mon 11-Aug-14 21:58:54

Try eating a pineapple, I don't know why, but it used to work for me

InSpaceNooneCanHearYouScream Mon 11-Aug-14 22:05:11

ouryve wearing white trousers grin

sunnyrosegarden Mon 11-Aug-14 22:07:30

Wear white trousers and go out without any tampons in your bag.

BiscuitMillionaire Mon 11-Aug-14 22:09:35

No. Your day of ovulation is the one that varies (so ovulation can be delayed by stress etc). Then it's a set time between ovulating and your period, whatever is normal for you. So you can't 'bring it on', sorry.

ladypete Mon 11-Aug-14 23:10:32

Ahhh yes that makes sense Biscuit - stupid moment right there! I do find it strange that all the symptoms (bloating, spots etc) come at the normal time though.

Special - nope not drastic but I finally got under the weight intend to plateu at so thought it may be linked. I've piled a few pounds on due to this extensive pre period bloat though!

LittleBearPad Mon 11-Aug-14 23:12:22

Flying always seemed to do it for me. Might be a bit expensive!

gamerchick Mon 11-Aug-14 23:13:31

Wait until you get your clump of gunge from your cervix and have an orgasm to give the whole organ a rattle.

Sorry sounds awful, didn't quite know how to put it politely grin

ladypete Tue 26-Aug-14 23:39:18

Sorry to re-hash this thread but I'm now 23 days late. I've practically missed a whole cycle hmm

Would anyone go to the GP, or are random irregularities just something many women go through? Would I need to have missed 2/3 periods for it be of concern?

I'm wondering if the stress of it is throwing my cycle off even further sad

InSpaceNooneCanHearYouScream Wed 27-Aug-14 09:52:22

It's very common to have irregular periods and it can have many causes. See GP if it carries on

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now