Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Do you have consistent energy levels?

(4 Posts)
winkywinkola Sun 20-Jul-14 09:25:37

Is it normal to have varying energy levels?

Mine vary from day to day.

Some days I am so weary but press on nonetheless.

Other days I am fine.

My days involve looking after 4 dcs aged from 9 down to 23 months (summer holidays right now). We often go out for at least half a day to the zoo or a play date or swimming and such like.

Walking two dogs for at least an hour every day. Cooking. Cleaning. Ironing. Washing.

Should someone of good health be pretty tired after this kind of day?

winkywinkola Sun 20-Jul-14 09:26:13

I often wake up unrefreshed. I bf my ds3 in the night too which I guess can be draining.

ReluctantCamper Sun 20-Jul-14 09:33:49

if you're waking in the night, I'd suggest that's part of the reason you feel so tired. As your littlest is 23 months now, and the night waking may be affecting you, I'd suggest dropping those night time feeds.

My energy levels do vary, and I think that's normal, but if it's bothering you, I'd address the obvious issue first.

Pobblewhohasnotoes Sun 20-Jul-14 14:32:39

I'm not surprised you're tired. I would think that's quite normal with the amount you're doing. I agree, can you not drop the night feeds if your youngest is 23 months? That's quite old to still be feeding overnight. No wonder you're tired.

I've got varying energy levels but I'm pregnant and have a toddler and I've got hypothyroidism!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now