Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Lost half a stone in 3 months ish- worrying?

(3 Posts)
Namechangerjuly2014 Sat 19-Jul-14 20:28:49

Hi all

My mum says she's lost about 7lbs in the past three months without really trying. She weighs about 11 stone.

Is this an amount we should be worried about? I've just had a baby and am anxious anyway but my mind is doing overtime about cancer. She has no other symptoms.

Please share your experiences.

FabULouse Sat 19-Jul-14 21:29:56

Doubtful that it's anything to worry about. It's most likely to reflect a more salad-y summer diet and increased activity in the sunny weather.

She could visit her GP for a general check up if she wanted.

Are you getting any help with your anxiety?

Namechangerjuly2014 Sat 19-Jul-14 22:55:38

Thanks. I know I'm probably being ridiculous I'm just feeling jangled anxiety wise.

I spoke to my GP yesterday about going back on sertraline which I was on until 36 weeks pregnant. Was previously on fluoxetine for twelve years which had my anxiety under control but had to stop when I got pregnant.

Tbh my nerves were jangled today because the baby- and consequently me and DH- didn't sleep last night because of the heat. Luckily DH is very supportive and lovely and he got up with her at 6am and sat downstairs in the cool with her so she could sleep and so I could sleep up here. But then at 8.30am the midwife came unannounced (we were told she would come for our 14 day check up tomorrow as that's when DD will be two weeks) and was very rude, demanded DH wake me up and then proceeded to give me the third degree about post natal depression. After that I couldn't sleep as it was so hot again so I'm feeling a bit mad on lack of sleep!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now