Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Liver Surgery....when will I feel stronger??

(4 Posts)
reallyreallyworried Sat 19-Jul-14 10:37:12

Anyone have experience of Liver Surgery? I had surgery on July 4th. Came out of hospital yesterday.

I feel totally drained and everything is such an effort. Which I know is normal. But I hate feeling like this and would love to hear some positive stories, telling me that this feeling doesn't last forever!

Musicaltheatremum Sat 19-Jul-14 11:34:31

Gosh, poor you. It can take several weeks. Just take it easy. I had to stop someone going back to work last year as they just weren't ready 8 weeks after a cholecystectomy. You will feel better.

gobbin Sat 19-Jul-14 13:12:06

It will be slow going. I've had surgery recently, have been signed off initially for 8 weeks but, following previous experience, I will be requesting another 4 weeks after that.

Take as long as you need to get well. Do a little bit every day to keep moving but don't overdo it.

reallyreallyworried Sat 19-Jul-14 16:23:53

Thanks for the reassuring messages.

I know it's early days, and I shouldn't expect too much. BUT I just want to get back to normal as soon as I can! Missing work and really keen to get back as soon as I am able!

Although I should wait to see what happens next week first, because if they didn't remove enough tissue then I might require more surgery! Fingers firmly crossed that I finally get the all clear!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now