Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Recurrent conjunctivitis

(2 Posts)
ThisBitchIsResting Fri 11-Jul-14 22:49:54

Rrnghnghhh, I am so fed up with this. I have had yellow oozing conjunctivitis for about 6 weeks on and off, both eyes. I've had 3 courses of eye drops , a course of oral antibiotics and nothing doing.

Any advice from the wise? I wear very little makeup and none around my eyes , I wash my face twice a day and am as hygienic as anyone with a cat and a potty training toddler can possibly be.

Help!

Flossyfloof Fri 11-Jul-14 23:18:42

Much sympathy. I had this for years and it is now compounded with dry eye syndrome.
Salt water (boiled water, obvs) is good. Try it with cotton wool. Splash your face with water afterwards though.
I was so desperate with my eyes that one day about a year ago when my face was terribly swollen I took myself off to eye casualty. I have had three appointments now and they have diagnosed blocked meibomian glands. The thing that works best for me is an eye mask, filled with silicone or something, which I put into hot water. I use it for 5 or 10 minutes a day. If you don't have a mask do get one. In the meantime use a flannel soaked in hot water from the tap.
Plenty of eye drops as well. Try Hypromellose, very cheap and helpful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now