Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Right sided Craniotomy, anyone with experience / advice

(9 Posts)

I feel fine really all things considered, my head aches (obviously) and my jaw is sore.

I had had read about the clicking feeling from the bone flap and I've had that, it's really weird!

Does anyone know how long that can last?

ProfYaffle Fri 11-Jul-14 16:17:57

No experience, sorry, but my dh has a brain tumour, his first craniotomy was 10 years ago. Have you come across the Brain Tumour Charity? They have a facebook page where lots of people discuss their symptoms etc, I imagine you'll find a lot of support there smile

ProfYaffle Fri 11-Jul-14 16:20:55

linky It's a closed group so you have to apply to join but I can highly recommend it.

Thank you Prof, that looks great. I've just sent a request to join.
I hope your DH is doing ok.

ProfYaffle Fri 11-Jul-14 16:29:20

He's doing fine, no symptoms other than no sense of smell. How about you?

I'm doing surprisingly well thanks, I had a craniotomy on Tuesday and got home yesterday. It all seems a bit surreal. I don't have the histopathology yet obviously, but it's a benign grade one tumour so I'm 'lucky' in that respect.

ProfYaffle Fri 11-Jul-14 16:49:29

Wow, that's good going. Dh's was also grade 1 benign, his being a meningioma. He's had 2 ops so far and never been home as quickly as you!

I think they probably wanted rid of me. wink
I go back next week to have the stitches out, it's a massive scar so I'm not looking forward to that.

KiaOraOAotearoa Fri 11-Jul-14 17:01:30

Hi sauvignon, glad you're feeling fine after the opsmile
Don't worry about the stitches, it woud be numb smile just a bit of a funny sensation.
Glad it all went fine, nice to see you back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now