Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Spray tans in pregnancy

(2 Posts)
ClairexHynd Fri 11-Jul-14 01:00:46

I'm freaking out- 8wks pregnant and had two spray tans, I asked midwife if they were ok se said she thinks so but not 100% sure..I thought they should be fine to so had 1st b4 holiday and second tonight then I decided to google it an reading all sorts of different advice, so jumped in the shower at 12.30am to wash it off lol but still really worried :-( can anyone help?i feel so stupid!x

Kittykat7 Fri 11-Jul-14 14:14:52

I'm sure it's fine I am a beauty therapist. The tanning agent doesn't enter the blood stream as it reacts in the layers of skin. There is an Eco tan that I think is made from cocoa not sure if you can get it in the UK. I think people are too over cautious & won't dye hair or use certain products. Maybe check with your Dr or midwife to put your mind at rest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now