Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Help me find more energy!

(7 Posts)
Rinkydinkypink Wed 09-Jul-14 09:18:01

As a mum of 2 dc (7 and 1), I work part time for myself around my family and do all school runs/housework/meals/shopping the majority of gardening and clothes washing.

Dh does ironing, some clothes washing and helps put the children to bed. He works 10-12 hours a day.

I'm shattered, I wake up shattered. I'm going to bed feeling sick and dizzy because I'm so tired. I'm not exactly on the go all day and find being at home so much very boring. I'm applying for full time jobs as I'm ready to get my career back on track and I need a new challenge and extra money.

I'm overweight but I'm active and eat well, 3 meals a day almost everything is homemade including bread. We eat a lot of fruit and veg and I don't eat after 7pm. I don't drink or smoke.

I go to bed at 10pm, wake to baby once a night around 2am, alarm goes off at 7am.

I need more energy! I need to not be feeling so tired. How do I do it?

Rinkydinkypink Wed 09-Jul-14 21:26:14

Bump

2madboys Wed 09-Jul-14 21:29:15

Hi Rinky. I've recently cut right down on sugar and have loads more energy - my diet wasn't bad either so I've been pretty surprised by it. Have a look into which things have a lot of fructose as that seems to be the troublesome thing.

JulieO2 Wed 09-Jul-14 21:31:43

Hi, I don't know if this helps but I was in a very similar situation to yourself last year. I slept well but no matter how much, I was always tired. so I went to the doctors to have a thorough check up -long story short, all was fine! I decided to actively start some sport (despite this being exactly the opposite of what I felt like doing!) But...it worked! I think sometimes you get so exhausted, it becomes a mindset and a habit. You almost need something extreme to break out of it. How about some speedy walking and fresh air if running is too horrible to contemplate? It might be worth a try...let me know if it helps, and good luck!

Friedbrain Thu 10-Jul-14 23:51:35

Go have some bloods to rule everything out....

Then I suggest drinking more water...

Simple as that!

ThatBloodyWoman Thu 10-Jul-14 23:59:05

Rinky I think you probably already know that losing some weight may well help if you can.
Are you getting iron rich foods?
Even though you're sleeping enough, your deep sleep is being disturbed.A couple of days a week could you do a job swap and your dh take a turn in the night waking? Is there a reason for your 1 year old waking jn the night that you can work on?
Are you breaking up your routine enough -ie doing something spontaneous every so often?

GothMummy Fri 11-Jul-14 00:02:02

Get your iron levels and vitamin d levels checked, being deficient in either of these, or both, will make you feel absolutely awful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now