Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Rash on 11yr old. Any ideas???

(5 Posts)
FrontForward Tue 17-Jun-14 19:02:43

Yes I know I should see the GP grin
But she's well and has had this a week now and it seems silly because I'm sure it's nothing....but can't work out what sort of nothing.

Started with discrete small red spots and only a few on her abdomen (front only) and below level of bra. They have increased over two days to cover more but still none on her back or limbs. Last night she came up with a different rash...more like a heat rash with lots more raised smaller spots. Poor girl is mortified at the appearance. The rash is now higher than bra. It doesn't itch and she is well.

No new laundry products. We do swim a lot both in the sea and in a chlorinated pool often using jacuzzi (water is laser treated??) afterwards. I might cut that out to see if it helps.

So do I drag her out of school to wave her spots under a GPs nose who will say heat/viral/allergy...go away and it will get better on its own or will a MN rash guru appear and diagnose for me saving me the waste of time trip

bruffin Tue 17-Jun-14 19:08:37

Have you looked up shingles?

TheLittleFriend Tue 17-Jun-14 19:14:01

I was going to suggest shingles too.

FrontForward Tue 17-Jun-14 19:17:11

No doesn't look like that. It's all over the chest rather than clustered or following a line. Not blisters either.

FrontForward Tue 17-Jun-14 19:20:02

Going to the GP is such a difficulty sad

I will have to I can see. I have to ring at 8:30 on the dot and then get engaged or automated system...wait in queue to get through to either be told there are no appointments try again tomorrow or given a time which is very inconvenient.

I may sound like an awful mother but the system of getting an appointment for non urgent conditions is dire.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now