Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone ever taken 'Norethisterone' to delay your period?

(6 Posts)
PiperBeeley Tue 17-Jun-14 13:35:23

Got some prescribed for me today, but have never taken it before - how effective is it? TIA x

mrsrhodgilbert Tue 17-Jun-14 14:32:09

Never taken it myself but both daughters have to avoid periods on holiday. It was very effective, no side effects.

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtle Tue 17-Jun-14 14:34:42

I've taken it to sync my cycle with another lady for egg donation. I had spotting from the day my period usually starts but it did delay the full flow as it was supposed to.

The spotting was heavy enough to need a pad so it would have annoyed me if I was doing it to delay a period.

I had no side effects other than the spotting.

PiperBeeley Tue 17-Jun-14 21:30:22

Thanks guys smile I'm going abroad in 5 weeks with my four young children alone (for the first time!) it just so happens to be exactly when my period is due angry so I really am hoping it works well! Pretty sure I'll have enough to contend with without having to sort out 'that'! As I said I've never taken it before, and I have asked a few friends and they have never tried it either... so not much clue of the success rate iyswim? Fingers xd though smile

poisonedbypen Tue 17-Jun-14 21:41:33

DD has taken it 3 times (exams/holiday) worked v well for her.

Yes. I have taken it.
Had horrendous painful, very heavy periods & was doing a show with a skimpy white costume...as you can imagine I was dreading it.
GP was happy to prescribe it & it worked a treat.
It was perfect!!
I did feel like my period was about to begin, but it didn't. I didn't have any spotting at all either

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now