Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Broken toe, without trauma?

(4 Posts)
Millie2013 Mon 16-Jun-14 21:42:15

As per the title, is it possible to break a big toe, without trauma? I'm a clumsy oaf, but honestly can't remember injuring it, but the big toe on my left foot feels broken. It's painful, but not swollen and there's no heat. It just feels misaligned and odd and slightly numb to the touch, down the outside edge.

Does anyone have any idea? Thank you, in advance!

Xcountry Mon 16-Jun-14 21:46:04

maybe you just don't remember the trauma. I once broke a kneecap and cant remember how

Millie2013 Mon 16-Jun-14 22:08:56

I'm not sure, I am clumsy and I do dash around like a bee on speed, but I honestly can't remember doing anything

MerdeAlor Tue 17-Jun-14 17:09:17

Doubtful it's trauma related, more likely it's an inflamed bunion. Do the following:
Take anti inflammatories
Wear supportive not high heeled but not ballet pump, roomy shoes.
Buy some orthotic insoles from a large pharmacy, something with a good firm arch support.
Rest
If it's still painful, you can actually splint it to relieve the pain. Buy some chiropodist felt from the chemists, cut a strip about 5 inches long and stick to the underside of you foot so that it's under the ball of the foot and the underside of the big toe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now