Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone knowledgeable about spines?

(9 Posts)
AnotherOneBitestheDust Mon 16-Jun-14 16:28:45

Apparently I have a fusion defect at L5 and a truncated coccyx (amongst other things). Although the 'other things' were explained in more detail. Anyone know what those 2 things are please?!

AnotherOneBitestheDust Mon 16-Jun-14 16:30:08

Oops this was meant to be in general health - will get it moved!

Morethanalittlebitconfused Mon 16-Jun-14 16:35:50

You can be born with your coccyx fused to the pelvis

Morethanalittlebitconfused Mon 16-Jun-14 16:37:34

L5 fusion can cause SIJ pain

Is that what you're being investigated for?

AnotherOneBitestheDust Mon 16-Jun-14 16:41:23

I have Rheumatoid Arthritis. I was having lower back and pelvic pain. Scans also showed inflammation in SIs and facet joints.

I think that the things you describe are often congenital so unlikely to have suddenly started to cause you pain. But RA in a joint can lead to fusions this takes a long time to happen though so unlikely to be the cause of recent onset of pain.
Are they incidental findings?

AnotherOneBitestheDust Mon 16-Jun-14 17:14:31

Yes, it says they are congenital. I think they probably are incidental findings. I was just curious as to whether they might be causing pain.

LisaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 16-Jun-14 17:14:56

Just to let you know that we're going to move this thread to General Health at the OP's request. MNHQ

AnotherOneBitestheDust Mon 16-Jun-14 17:51:06

Thank you, Lisa. This is what happens when you have too many tabs open.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now