Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Periods being weird :0/

(10 Posts)
misspollysdollyridesagain Mon 16-Jun-14 00:49:29

I put one of those 'female' apps on my phone about 10 months ago. I mostly did it because my teenage DD has horrid PMT type mood swings and I wanted to track when her periods were happening. However, I have ended up using it for myself and the findings are quite interesting really....if you like that kind of thing, I guess...!! Anyway, I hadn't ever monitored my cycle before, not properly anyway. I would've guessed that my cycle is a bit longer than average and indeed it is about a 32 day cycle. And for the first 6 months or so I was very regular and on the days I was due to come on, I usually would. However, in the last three or four months everything has gone a bit bonkers and I'm not sure if it's anything to worry about. I've had two very long cycles - 41 days back in March (which at the time I put down to jet lag) and am currently on day 44 with no sign of coming on. I have had two periods in between too. I am definitely not pregnant. Is is just a weird female type 'blip' or is a crazy cycle that happens after apparent regularity cause for any concern...???

wafflyversatile Mon 16-Jun-14 00:54:40

Are you about 40?

kingbeat23 Mon 16-Jun-14 01:21:54

My periods went bonkers last year. Tested for menopause (incorrectly, I found out) now found to have such a thin lining my ovaries are during like cannons. Got put on the pill (much to my distaste) and came off at Christmas. Back to the same old bollocks. hmm A period every 2 weeks. Back on mefanemic and get told it's hormonal treatment (pill or coil) or put up with it. Great.

Fanjango Mon 16-Jun-14 01:27:26

Ah Waffly got in there first. Exactly where I'm at, started at 38. Peri menopause, it's a bugger grin

misspollysdollyridesagain Mon 16-Jun-14 11:55:32

I'm just 35 blush

wafflyversatile Mon 16-Jun-14 13:20:11

Well there are lots of things it could be ranging from nothing to something so probably worth going to the docs sometime to get checked out.

35 is young to begin peri menopause but it's not unknown. You might just be a bit stressed. It might be that you've always been this irregular but haven't noted it before.

DoingItForMyself Mon 16-Jun-14 13:26:50

How long does peri menopause usually go on? My periods have also been a bit erratic for a year or so, sometimes only 3 weeks between, but has been 7. Just found my mojo so really don't want to lose it again any time soon!

Wailywailywaily Mon 16-Jun-14 16:55:11

As far as I know peri menopause can go on for 10 years!

Maybe I have got that wrong, I'm 42 and have braced myself for the long haul.

DoingItForMyself Mon 16-Jun-14 23:31:17

Well that's something then! 10 years I can handle, I'm not ready for all that yet shock I'm only 40 young still.

PrimalLass Mon 16-Jun-14 23:57:40

Since DD my periods are like clockwork but odd. Two days of heavy crampy clotty bleeding. Then nothing until day 10 until it all comes back, but dark and 'dirty' looking. Every month, day 10 on the dot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now