Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Bitch troll cystitis

(7 Posts)
Changebagsandgladrags Sun 15-Jun-14 22:02:28

I have it again FFS.

Also, have bastard period now, so a urine sample will be useless.

Grumpy.

roomonthatbroomforme Sun 15-Jun-14 22:09:19

You have my sympathy... it is indeed a bitch

Changebagsandgladrags Sun 15-Jun-14 22:17:15

Started on Wednesday. DS had a concert at the cathedral which I squirmed through. Then I had a three hour exam agony. First Holy Communion. Fathers Day. Ouch ouch ouch.

Those sachets are useless. But finally I can ring the doctor in the morning.

I've been very bad and caved in to wine. Now I can't feel it, but the morning is going to be v v v bad.

Matildathecat Sun 15-Jun-14 23:01:53

If this is a regular thing can't the doctors give you some antibiotics for emergency use? Sounds miserable.

monkeyharris Sun 15-Jun-14 23:10:03

Ouch! sad I was told that the sachets just help to neutralize the sting, they don't get rid of the bacteria, so to always get antibiotics. I have had many a bout of cystitis and it is a nasty business - I hope you feel better soon thanks

GirlInASwirl Sun 15-Jun-14 23:15:23

The sachets usually contain ingredients to make your urine less acidic -therefore less likely to cause pain/inflame on the way out. But if you have a full-blown infection you will need antibiotics to kill the baddies! Also recurrent bouts could be worth investigating further to make sure that everything is working as it should - immunity, kidneys, repro, etc. You have my sympathy - horrible illness.

WanttogotoDisney Sun 15-Jun-14 23:33:48

Take paracetamol and neurofen for the pain and sounds like you need a course of ciprofloxacin (antibiotic). You have my sympathy. I had it a couple of weeks ago and spent the whole night gasping and wincing on the loo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now