Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

How can I prevent ds from laying loo-blocking logs?

(11 Posts)
SixImpossible Sun 15-Jun-14 08:50:26

He's not constipated, AFAIK, just lays man-size logs. (And then walks off after a perfunctory flush. Yes, I do generally make him go back and clear the blockage - but how can I if I only discover it after he's left for school?!)

If I give him something bulking, eg flax seeds, will it help or make things even worse?

TheFuzz Mon 16-Jun-14 16:00:13

Flush after dumping but before wiping, then flush after !

knickernicker Mon 16-Jun-14 17:58:25

Feed him less healthily.

AWombWithoutARoof Mon 16-Jun-14 17:59:55

Yes, he needs to do a Courtesy Flush in between delivery and wiping.

mousmous Mon 16-Jun-14 18:03:05

before you try anything else get a plumber in to have a look at the drains.
they should be able to deal with adult size deposits unless he is using a lot of paper as well.

turdfairynomore Mon 16-Jun-14 18:13:29

I feel your pain-hence my user name!!!!!!

SixImpossible Mon 16-Jun-14 19:16:39

Given that the paper goes but the log remains, I don't think that a courtesy flush would have much effect.

He has managed to leave souvenirs in each of our loos, one of which has a seriously forceful flush. Two if the loos are about 1yo, and the plumbers were very reputable and competent, so I don't think the plumbing is at fault.

But seriously, would giving him seriously bulking stuff help improve the flushability of his productions? I love my ds, despite his turds, and I do not wish to punish him for said turds by making them unpassable as well as unflushable.

HansieLove Mon 16-Jun-14 19:40:25

He can use bamboo skewers to break them up. Skewers can be broken in half and thrown away. Line your waste basket with plastic sack.

NigellasDealer Mon 16-Jun-14 19:41:43

syrup of figs

SixImpossible Mon 16-Jun-14 22:20:16

What does syrup of figs do?

peachdaiquirionmytoes Tue 17-Jun-14 09:54:18

I feel your pain - my son is the same. We have to resort to poking them with a pokey stick. I find it quite hard to reconcile these enormous deposits with his gorgeous little bottom.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now