Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

periods (tmi)

(3 Posts)
Zazzabeans Sat 07-Jun-14 20:53:44

I have always had irregular periods, anything from 5-9 weeks apart, despite this and having pcos I have managed to conceive 7 times, resulting in my 3 gorgeous dcs, 3 miscarriages and an ectopic sad
fast forward to nearly 6 year after my last pregnancy.
My periods are still erratic, I had one a few month ago which wouldn't come out, only there when I wiped blush but gp said as long as it was right colour and lasted normal time it was ok.
I last had a period 4 weeks ago, and then again after sex on monday I started bleeding which then turned into a period, which is rather strange for me. I have health anxiety and this has sent me into panic mode sad I thought I had finished my period yesterday so me and dh got rather frisky yesterday and had sex, then i started bleeding bright red sad this has now stopped and i am getting a brownish mucus when i wipe after using the loo.
I don't have any pain,maybe a little mild cramp but im worried about cervical cancer sad
I had a colposcopy which was clear in 2009 and a normal smear in 2010 and again in 2013.
I also had a transvaginal scan Oct 2013 to check on my pcos, im thinking this might have showed something up if there was anything there confused
im going to see gp a week on Monday.
can anyone offer any advice ?

skinnyamericano Sat 07-Jun-14 20:59:53

I think it would be quite normal for sex to trigger the start of a period, and also to encourage a last bit out (yuck...sorry!)

But definitely worth a GP confirming that!

Zazzabeans Sat 07-Jun-14 21:01:32

thanks smile just worried that it was earlier than normal and lasting longer than normal sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now