Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Any doctors/nurses around? Cut leg

(4 Posts)
Ninetysixpercent Sat 07-Jun-14 16:17:09

So I've just managed to cut my leg on my bike. Chain came off and as I was getting off the spiky bit the chain sits on went into my leg. It's a small gash but quite deep and bled q bit. Am worried as the metal is fairly rusty. Have cleaned it up and put a dressing on but wondering if I need a tetanus shot? Had my last one around 15 years ago. Wouldn't be able to get to the doctors until Tuesday. If I need one should it be sooner?
TIA

Madlizzy Sat 07-Jun-14 16:21:49

Ring 111 and see what they say. Do you think it may need a stitch?

Ninetysixpercent Sat 07-Jun-14 16:30:32

No, don't think so. It's knitting together ok and stopped bleeding quite quickly. Will give them a ring, thanks.

FabULouse Sat 07-Jun-14 18:31:19

I would stop by a walk in centre and have it assessed, dressed and get a tetanus booster (nurse)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now