Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

constant dizzyness when standing/walking.

(6 Posts)
ikeaismylocal Sat 07-Jun-14 08:52:14

Dp has been dizzy when standing or walking since last night ( fine when lying down) he says it's not like the room is spinning and he doesn't feel like he's going to faint. He's feeling very tired but he did only get a few hours sleep because he slept on the sofa and it was uncomfortable.

He's gone to a+e, I'm really panicking, has anyone had similar symptoms before?

We were out most of the day yesterday and he only had a couple of boxes of juice to drink, he went out with his family for dinner last night but only had 2/3 drinks. Drinking alcohol is very unusual for him, but it seems like an extreme reaction to a couple of drinks.

Shallan Sat 07-Jun-14 08:59:31

It could be dehyradation actually, that's not a lot of liquid to take in during a hot day. Otherwise could be just a bug, I've had bugs before that made me very dizzy.

Try not to panic!

it could an inner ear thing. at least he has gone to A & E,hoe he is sorted soon

ikeaismylocal Sat 07-Jun-14 12:19:04

They didn't find anything wrong with him, they said it's possibly a virus or dehydration.

It's good to know it's nothing imminently dangerous, he's sleeping this afternoon.

Shallan Sat 07-Jun-14 14:14:22

That's good news, must be a relief for you both.

patrickduff20 Mon 09-Jun-14 06:12:46

Nice to see that he is fine now.
Hope you both are fine now.
Take care

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now