Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Why no my joints hurt?

(11 Posts)
BADbadleroybr0wn Fri 06-Jun-14 06:32:40

Just woken up. Otherwise healthy 27 yr old. My elbows, wrists and fingers?

BADbadleroybr0wn Fri 06-Jun-14 06:49:38

Why do, obviously. Stupid phone! Reads like English as a foreign language.

LadyIsabellaWrotham Fri 06-Jun-14 06:57:07

If it's gradual then Vitamin D deficiency should always been considered (especially if overweight). If it's brand new out of nowhere then in my case it's normally either exercise related or incipient flu/heavy cold.

LadyIsabellaWrotham Fri 06-Jun-14 06:57:46

Just reread and realised the specific joints - hmmm, RSI?

Do you have DC's/work with them? I caught slapped cheek off mine and had horrendous aching joints. It doesn't affect kids the same way but for adults it can (and you won't necessarily get the rash they do). Possibility?

BADbadleroybr0wn Fri 06-Jun-14 08:01:04

Thanks everyone. Not overweight and no dc's. It does feel like the same ache you get with the flu but strange that it's in such specific areas and not all over. Don't feel ill otherwise. Tired but I think that's more Friday-itis. I have done a lot of dance in my life - wonder if it's the early sign of arthritis?

candycoatedwaterdrops Fri 06-Jun-14 09:36:07

Is it just today you felt the pain?

BADbadleroybr0wn Fri 06-Jun-14 10:37:21

Yes. Woke up at 4:30am in pain. Very cold as well.

Still sounds like slapped cheek to me symptoms, scroll down for adults. I don't think arthritis would come on so suddenly and the dancing would be more likely to bugger your knees up than anything else smile

candycoatedwaterdrops Fri 06-Jun-14 15:44:24

Viral infections can cause joint pains.

ROUNDandROUNDINCIRCILESMORETHA Sat 07-Jun-14 09:14:38

Arthritis can come on suddenly i was diagnosed later in life and a friend of mine was recently. I would see yr gp as if not treated and it is rheumatoid it will affect joints quite badly. Hopefully its just a viral/flu infec but if you notice swelling and inflammed/hot joints please see gp asap.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now