Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Does this sound like a big blood clot (thrombosis)?

(6 Posts)
SizzlesSit Thu 05-Jun-14 21:08:30

Following my recent childbirth a blood clot was found in my ovarian vein. Various tests were done and Im on blood thinners.

I was t

SizzlesSit Thu 05-Jun-14 21:08:40

Argh ph

SizzlesSit Thu 05-Jun-14 21:10:29

I was told it was small but found out its 1cm in diameter and 4cm long which seems huge!

I imagined it the size if a piece of gravel confused

Is it really big or 'normal'?

Ziggyzoom Thu 05-Jun-14 21:14:55

Not a doctor, but I have had a DVT, 2 days post childbirth, I think the crucial thing is the location of the clot and therefore the likelihood of it travelling to the lungs or brain. If they are sayi git is not of concern, then I would think that is because of the location rather than the size, but ask if you are feeling anxious.

Congratulations BTW, how is your baby doing?

SizzlesSit Thu 05-Jun-14 21:48:20

Baby is well thanks. Had a complicated few weeks with me being in pain plus the tests but are coming out of it.

Was told that I am at risk of pulmonary embolism so have to rest and have my injections.

Will ask my Dr about the results next week

Ziggyzoom Thu 05-Jun-14 22:25:51

I initially saw a cardiologist who put me on constant watch at the hospital because he felt I was so high risk. I was later transferred to a haematologist who felt that the risk was very low as my clot was just below the knee. Ask lots of questions specifically regarding the risks, and persevere with the injections. I presume that you are self-injecting? It isn't so bad after a whie!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now