Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Lump by anus - haemorrhoid? Possible tmi

(2 Posts)
biglill Thu 05-Jun-14 21:08:03

I gave birth to my third child last year and things have not felt right down there since. Basically I can feel something hard when I wipe, due to being totally squeamish and not having had a free minute I have only just got round to looking and there is a lump under the skin at the side of the anus. I have terrified myself today by googling and anal cancer has come up straight away but I'm hoping it's haemorrhoids and just an after effect of the birth. Does anyone have any experience with this?

DreamOfMeBaby Thu 05-Jun-14 22:05:57

It sounds to me like a haemorrhoid. Google is fab, but can be very scary and as subtle as a 64 stone elephant. Given that you have had a baby, and a lump has suddenly appeared, I think you may have a haemorrhoid. If you are concerned, pop to your GP for them to have a look. It may also be a cyst...either way, I wouldn't panick, just get it checked.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now