Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can you have a chest infection without having a cough ?

(4 Posts)
olaflikeswarmhugs Wed 04-Jun-14 19:42:41

I have a stuffed/runny nose
The sneezes
My whole body aches
Headache
A bit of breathlessness and my chest feels intermittently tight

I thought I just had a cold but when my chest started feeling tight my mum thought I may have a chest infection but I don't have a cough . I'm supposed to be on a training course tomorrow and have to drive an hour away and I'm sitting here trying to make my mind up wether to go on the course and see how I am or phone the dr in the morning

olaflikeswarmhugs Wed 04-Jun-14 21:26:30

Bump

OfficerVanHalen Wed 04-Jun-14 21:33:11

Well I dunno, but you sound too ill to do a two hour round trip and a training course, and I would be really fucked off if I caught whatever it is... Get to the doctor! I had a chest infection over Christmas and I have NEVER felt so ill, I have felt sprightlier with norovirus, and it lasted over two weeks. You would be a tit to try and power through IMO.

OfficerVanHalen Wed 04-Jun-14 21:35:33

^^that was supposed to sound more sympathetic than it did. Sorry flowers I just wanted to convey my new found respect for chest infections - I usd to think they were just bad coughs, but it turns out that i am an idiot who doesn't know anything, and in fact they are to coughs what flu is to colds.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now