Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

THANK YOU

(13 Posts)
JustWonderingAbout Thu 05-Jun-14 23:25:07

Ooooh I hope so. Holiday booked. Next CT & MRI is on July 7th. HAS to be clear. Summer, here we come ;)

Andro Thu 05-Jun-14 20:50:16

I'm not surprised you had PTSD after what you went through! I'm glad you're recovering, anything which results in an ICU stay is going to take some recovering from but your journey has been a scary one.

flowers wine and hopefully a long hot summer for you to relax in whilst you recover.

JustWonderingAbout Thu 05-Jun-14 08:00:25

I'm glad you've been helped by the kindness of strangers on MN, too. Invaluable to hear others' experience and to hold hands night n day, isn't it. I'm doing so well. Wish I'd bloody well known how well I'd end up doing in The Scary Days. Lol
Still can't sit or keep up with DCs - but I'm doing pretty much everything I need to in a daily basis (without a wheelchair, catheter bags ... or a tumour!). Life is good!

BubaMarra Thu 05-Jun-14 07:08:05

I remember your thread! I wasn't following it from the beginning, but when I discovered it, I just had to go back and read every single post from the opening post. It was amazing! The support you can get on MN is incredible, I discovered that myself. And you can get in touch with other people who went through the same experience which is invaluable, especially if you suffer from a rare condition. It's amazing how much kindness you can get from a complete stranger on the internet.
Nice to hear that you are doing well smile

JustWonderingAbout Wed 04-Jun-14 21:47:49

grin

furrlinedsheepskinjacket Wed 04-Jun-14 20:52:58

brilliant news justwondering and a lovely post smile

so glad to catch up - keep improving

JustWonderingAbout Tue 03-Jun-14 22:50:54

I certainly do! Puts everything into perspective and names friendships and relationships right-sized. An hour of physio at home a day (alone) and once a week with a physio. Once a month with nunny physio (keep putting the dates forward as not getting round to doing that physio). Bit of counseling once a week (had PTSD) and GP visits once every 2-3 weeks. Think that's about it. You?

Ledkr Tue 03-Jun-14 22:45:32

It's the gang of survivors of serious illness.
Makes you appreciate each day so much more, you know that though don't you?
How are you feeling now? How often do you see the drs?

JustWonderingAbout Tue 03-Jun-14 22:06:10

Social - xx

JustWonderingAbout Tue 03-Jun-14 22:05:16

Hello Ledkr. So lovely that you found this! Hope all others (especially those I've not named as feel 'well guilty' about not having poured through and named everyone.
Like the sound of your gang! What's that all about?

Ledkr Tue 03-Jun-14 21:52:34

I was just about to ask if it was you that had the spinal tumour and I spotted my name. <sobs> I was only thinking of you the other day.
I'm so glad you are doing well.

You can be in my special gang now grin and live a whole life in each day xxx

SocialMediaAddict Tue 03-Jun-14 21:29:33

What a lovely post.

JustWonderingAbout Tue 03-Jun-14 21:25:37

I was chatting to a friend today about a recent health... nightmare.
When I told her about the support that MNers had given me over what was a very scary and emotional period. I felt that I had to say thank you.

Having started to note down the 'names' of each MNer who held my hand in The Scary Days, I realised that PMing each would be a mammoth task. There were over 600 comments! You were amazing - and I hope that anyone else struggling in facing a scary predicament is as fortunate as I was. I couldn't sleep during the nights or cope during the days and yet I was never 'alone'. I'm quite emotional as I write this as I'm really so grateful.

Thanks to you lot, I was able to face each day, looking after my two little ones and facing the tests, op. and devastating prospect / possibilities that lay ahead. Thanks to you lot, I was even put in touch with the most wonderful person who had had exactly my rare condition and gave me hope as she'd been successfully treated. Thanks to MN, I was also led to the incredible surgeon who has made it possible for me to be sitting at a computer, walking about, working, picking up the children - tumour free!

Here are some of the names that I started to note down:
Theonlyoneiknow
ajandjjmum
helzapoppin2
princesssootsprite
haggishfish3
BehindLockNumberNine
BoiledEggandToastSoldiers
fitflopqueen
candycoatedwaterdrops
gingeroots
Snufflebabe05
magimedi
ancientbuchanon
Eastpoint
Furlinedsheepskinjacket
Ledkr
Morepeasplease
SauvingnonBlanche
Christelle2207

The list goes on...

but I'll stop there. Thank you all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now