Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Do you have endometriosis? Which hormonal treatment (or any other treatment) do you use?

(6 Posts)
GoogleIsBad Mon 02-Jun-14 13:20:21

I suffer from endometriosis fairly badly, I have been hospitalised with the pain a few times as it is always lower left hand side, so mimic appendix type pain.

About a year and a half ago I had a laparoscopy and the endo was treated. After that I was put on a fairly high does hormone, that mimicked the menopause, which made me quite crazy.

After that I had a mirena inserted, but that caused one of my breasts to swell and become really painful, so I had it removed after 10 months. So since March I haven't been on any form of hormones and I feel so much better for it, however I have been feeling the symptoms of endo creeping back up.

Today I am in a lot of pain, feeling sick, sweating and still have around a week to go before my period is even due.

I have looked at the implant and injection, but have read about horrendous bleeding with both (I had quite bad bleeding on the mirena, so assume I will be the same on any type of hormone, I don't seem to be one of the lucky ones who's period completely disappears sadly! :D)

Anyone willing to share anything that has helped them? TIA smile

GoogleIsBad Mon 02-Jun-14 14:28:19

I've made a docs appointment for this evening, although not really sure what I'm expecting?!

MegGriffin Mon 02-Jun-14 20:28:10

I was prescribed Danazol years ago and it was horrible. Put me in to a false menopause and the symptoms were hideous. The only ongoing relief I got was tri-cycling with the pill straight after treatment so i did not have regular periods.. Hope your doctors appointment goes ok.

GoogleIsBad Mon 02-Jun-14 20:31:50

Thanks Meg, I hated the treatment that put me in a false menopause too, I felt so irrationally angry and warm all the time.

The Dr prescribed Yasmin for me tonight. It's been years since I've taken the contraceptive pill, but will give it a go, can't be any worse than the endo symptoms, so worth a shot!

MegGriffin Tue 03-Jun-14 17:32:56

Good luck with the pill. Endo is a bugger of a condition.

GoogleIsBad Tue 03-Jun-14 19:21:34

It sure is! Thank you, hopefully it will make a difference smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now