Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What is wrong with me? Getting worried...

(6 Posts)
namechangezyx Sun 11-May-14 23:14:10

I'm 31. But I've smoked (pretty heavily) on and off for 13 years. I drink. A lot. I don't eat well, but I keep generally to a vegetarian diet. I don't exercise a lot. I have 2 children.. 3 & 1.

I'm having bright red rectal bleeding. It's been 2 weeks. I didn't really have any other symptoms until just now when DH and I were having sex, I had intense pain all across my lower abdomen and had to make him stop. I have that 'full' feeling across there now like when you're pregnant. ( except I'm definitely not.)

I'm getting quite worried. I also have a breast lump that is pretty huge on the left side . If I lay down on my right I can actually see it change the shape of my breast. But I have had a lot of breast lumps due to scar tissue after extensive surgery there after a hospital infection so I've been ignoring it.

I called the doctor. I can't get an appointment for at least 2 weeks as its not emergent.

Please tell me what you think is wrong with me. I'm petrified.

MajesticWhine Sun 11-May-14 23:22:07

I have no idea what could be wrong with you, but I do think it is an emergency. Just one of those things: breast lump, severe abdominal pain, rectal bleeding would make me request an emergency appointment.

thornrose Sun 11-May-14 23:22:25

I don't think anyone can tell you what might be wrong with you. Did you mention your symptoms when making the GP appointment? I think 2 weeks is a long wait especially re the lump in your breast.

It's understandable that you're scared but you're doing the right thing in not ignoring it anymore. thanks

HauntedNoddyCar Sun 11-May-14 23:27:56

It could be as simple as piles. It could be colitis which is actually not that grim in some forms. It could be a number of other things but you do have to get checked out.

songlark Mon 12-May-14 22:10:03

Bright red blood usually indicates piles, it's usually more of a concern if it's dark blood.

smee Tue 13-May-14 09:57:29

Breast lumps and rectal bleeding both count as warranting an emergency appt. Call them back. Though song lark's right bright red is a strong indicator it's non-sinister.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now