Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Piz Buin Allergy or 1-day for holiday in Corfu?

(10 Posts)

We're going next weekend so it won't be blistering, & I won't be sunbathing, anyway but my skin is weirdly sun-sensitive & breaks into red itchy bumps in some places, purplish pin-prick dots in others.

I just want to be able to walk around in the sun & be comfortable!

TIA

specialsubject Sun 11-May-14 18:20:07

loose clothes?

temperature irrelevant. Peak UV is one month away.

rabbitstew Sun 11-May-14 19:13:00

And there was me thinking your post was about how you were possibly allergic to Piz Buin and I was going to say, "Me too! It makes me break into red itchy bumps." grin

I presume you're certain it is always the sun you are reacting to, and not the effect of the sun on a chemical suncream, or prickly heat? To be on the safe side, you could try something like Sunsense Toddler Milk - it was recommended to me by a dermatologist!...

Oh I do the long loose clothes anyway, specialsubject - but forearms, feet & ankles, chest & neck still catch some sun

Rabbitstew, I've been getting it for 40 years - can't blame Piz Buin (I have read about them changing one ingredient & people coming out in rashes)

What I get is PEL I think, though I used to call it prickly heat

Also I had a 6-month course of chemo 13 years ago & it's been worse since then

Just googled the sunsense toddler milk - that sounds very promising, thanks!

rabbitstew - the sunsense toddler milk is absolutely perfect, thanks so much for the suggestion smile It's lovely to use & really effective. I was on an open boat for 3 hours yesterday (out at 9.30 am, back at 2.30pm) plus wandering around in the sun in between & had no problems at all!

rabbitstew Thu 22-May-14 21:29:23

Brilliant! smile

SocialMediaAddict Sat 24-May-14 22:09:55

My severely allergic son can only use piz buin allergy.

notapizzaeater Sat 24-May-14 22:20:37

I have sun allergy and the only way I can sit in the sun is using Piz buin allergy cream. I never burn and go a lovely shade of brown. However I used it on my son for the first time ever this week as we'd ran out of his P20 and he had an allergic reaction to it confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now