Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

New rather nasty IBS symptom

(10 Posts)
KatyMac Sun 11-May-14 00:12:24

I have quite bad IBS with a lot of pain in my lower right abdomen & centre middle

For the last 2 weeks I've had all over tummy pain - typically bending, sitting & standing have caused waves of pain and over the last day or so it has sort of settled in my lower left abdomen with a naggy ache which when pressed cause me to hit the ceiling

So wait & see the GP early in the week or ring OOH tomorrow?

gualsa Sun 11-May-14 08:38:28

Hi Katy. I have IBS too. Symptoms sound like trapped wind. It can be excruciatingly painful and won't necessarily escape. Are you taking any tablets for yours?
I would stay in bed with hot water bottle on my tummy whenever I had it like that.

BTW I have been taking probiotic tablets for the last 9 months. They are hellishly expensive but I have had hardly any attacks since starting on them. They are so much better than probiotic drinks because they contain so many more bacteria.

Just in case you were looking to try new things..

KatyMac Sun 11-May-14 11:05:59

Wind? For 2 weeks - goodness me!

Hi Katy I've got something similar, been nearly 2 weeks, I'm thinking see how it is tomorrow (Monday) then call GP or if it gets worse, A&E. I am hoping my GP and sort it out and refer me to be honest, don't fancy trying to explain it all in A&E. Are you still having problems today? Let us know how you get on.

KatyMac Sun 11-May-14 17:22:17

It's gone back to all over tummy pain -with my tummy feeling quite firm (so wind could be right I suppose)

It hurts when you push it pretty much everywhere but lower left & right are the worst - however nowhere near as bad as last night (which moved into 'shall I go to A&E' territory

I am waiting for a CT scan of my tummy but more as a precautionary measure than because of any possible diagnosis

gualsa Sun 11-May-14 22:54:41

Do you have a long term management plan with respect to diet etc?
When I was at my worst I would wake up, have just a glass of water and my stomach would immediately blow out to 5 months pregnant size!

I take it you don't have a temperature? Fever and pain lower right could of course be appendix playing up. Hopefully not.. good luck with scan

LucyBabs Sun 11-May-14 22:57:24

Katy Personally I would get to the doctor again as soon as possible. Constant bloating and pain should be checked out even with IBS diagnosis

flowers

KatyMac Mon 12-May-14 08:43:34

No temperature & I'm not 'unwell' iykwim -just in pain

My diet is all over the place - I'm doing FODMAP so I'm very restricted

KatyMac Mon 12-May-14 08:44:18

Lucy - I'm not sure they would do anything other than wait & get the results of your scan

LucyBabs Mon 12-May-14 21:19:25

Ok Katy The very best of luck to you.
I hope you get to the bottom of all of this very soon x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now