Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Advice - yesterday I fell over and hurt myself...

(10 Posts)
HarryisHairy Sat 10-May-14 22:18:55

...and I didn't cry or anything grin

I tripped over my laces and went down like a stone.

I twisted slightly to avoid falling on my bad knee and landed very heavily on one side. At the time I was so bloody embarrassed (friends who were with me helped me up) I just carried on - we were out on a walk.

This morning my shoulder is really sore. I can <with a bit of groaning> lift my arm up to shoulder height but it feels heavy and painful.
I'm sure it is just muscular (mind you, I thought that when I broke my leg blush although that was immediately very painful, this wasn't particularly).

So what now, any suggestions to help with the pain (have taken ibuprofen today which helps a bit) or to get it back to normal?

HarryisHairy Sat 10-May-14 22:49:39

<Attention seeking sniff>

UniS Sat 10-May-14 22:53:57

a good nights sleep.
a hotbshower in the morning.
maybe some more anti inflammatory drugs tomorrow.
Sounds like delayed onset muscle stiffness , which does wear off in a day or two.

Rest, ice, comfortable support, elevation. All delivered by drinking well iced g&t while hogging the sofa and the remote.

Wolfiefan Sat 10-May-14 22:57:39

Tiger balm helps.

HarryisHairy Sat 10-May-14 22:57:57

Delayed onset eh? Even my muscles are lazy, probably too busy eating cake to get on with seizing up.

Thanks, hot shower this morning helped a bit. Is heat better than ice then for sore muscles?

HarryisHairy Sat 10-May-14 22:59:15

I can definitely do the hogging tv and remote. Elevating too painful so will lying in a lopsided way wincing when reaching for things do?

UniS Sun 11-May-14 19:27:34

how you feeling now op?

FrancesNiadova Sun 11-May-14 20:12:01

Can you lift your arms up now? If not &,if there's any bruising, you might need an stay to check your shoulder blade & collar bone.
Hope you're feeling better thanks

FrancesNiadova Sun 11-May-14 20:13:07

Xray, auto-correct, not stay, I'm not going all Moll Flanders yet!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now