Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone else have a high rheumatoid factor but doesn't know why?!

(4 Posts)
MoonshineWashingLine Fri 09-May-14 16:52:22

So my RF had gone up again... I have some hypermobility symptoms but no swelling of joints so not RA. Waiting for more bloods to come back but am a bit worried. Don't want to Google as I can scare myself silly!

Anyone else had this?

MoonshineWashingLine Sat 10-May-14 22:37:15

Anyone?

Do you mind me asking why they are testing your rf factor? I can't remember exactly but it's not uncommon for prior to have rf factor and not ra but I don't know if that follows to high rf bring possible. unfortunate rheumatoid disease cab affect more than just joints and there's a push to raise awareness of this and use the term rheumatoid disease.

MoonshineWashingLine Sun 11-May-14 09:13:21

It all started after the birth of my dd (now 2) I started having painful dislocations in my wrists and all my joints clunk around all the time, worse in morning and after a bad nights sleep. When I stopped bfing the dislocations stopped but I still have loose joints and my knees sometimes feel like they will slip out of place.
I also have some other odd symptoms, like little lumps under the skin that last for about 6-12 months and then disappear confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now