Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Molluscum bloody contagiosum

(26 Posts)
winkywinkola Sun 04-May-14 07:11:03

Ds2 has this on his neck, in the crooks of his elbows and back of knees. He picks at the little blisters, making them sore and bleed.

Is there really nothing I can do to make it better or go away? GP says there is nothing to be done.

Why has he got this?

marymoocow Thu 05-Jun-14 12:16:00

On a lighter note, DS had these when he was about 8. One day at school (I work there too) his teacher came running in from the playground to tell me to stay calm but that DS had had quite a serious accident. She took me to the first aid room and whispered that he'd slipped on the rope bridge, caught his chest, and 'sliced off his nipple'shock . I walked in the room to see a fair bit of blood. I lifted up his t-shirt to discover he had burst his molluscumgrin. The look of horror on his teachers face still makes me giggle grin .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now