Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Needle aspiration breast what can I expect?

(7 Posts)
lexcat Fri 02-May-14 22:15:14

Had breast infection which has been treated with antibiotics. I now have been left with a lump that my doctor told me is fluid left from the infection.
Doctor said I need and ultra scan to confirm that it is just fluild then the will drain it using a needle. Feeling a little nervous as don't know what to expect. Plus can I return to work straight after as the appointment is first thing and how long might it take?

ushiemama Fri 02-May-14 22:26:40

Had a breast infection 2 years ago....really painful. After 3 lots of antibiotics the infection had gone. Had the needle thingy follow up & was dreading it, no need to have worried as it was quite painless. I returned to work after the appointment. Doctor & nurse were absolutely lovely. Please don't worry.

EmNetta Fri 02-May-14 22:30:40

I had kidney aspirated years ago, no pain, but petite doctor had difficulty getting needle in, which was really stressful, and afterwards nurse suggested we should all have a medicinal brandy, but I had to drive home. I'm sure you'll be alright for work - I drove 30 miles, no prob.

NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Fri 02-May-14 23:47:52

I had a needle aspiration after antibiotics for a breast abscess. No pain and over with very quickly.

lexcat Sat 03-May-14 19:43:51

Thank

lexcat Sat 03-May-14 19:44:07

W

lexcat Sat 03-May-14 19:48:29

Having trouble get my message written. I meant to say thank you so much was hoping it was very simple in and out. Now I wounldn't worry for the next week and a half.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now