Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Advise wanted urgently please on suspected ectopic

(6 Posts)
sebsmummy1 Thu 01-May-14 10:09:47

Really hoping someone else there with some experience can advise.

Recently had my period on 14 dpo which lasted four days. I had tested on 11 and 12 dpo using a 50 miu test and it had come up 'not pregnant' twice. I decided to test again with a 10 miu test on 20 dpo and got a faint positive. At 24 dpo I had my blood hcg measured and it was 66, two days later on 26 dpo it is 108 and my doctor is trying to congratulate me on my 1-2 week pregnancy!!! (I of course know it should be more like 6 week).

So I have had no pain or spotting since my period just gone. I assumed chemical before my second result comeback, now I'm assuming ectopic but they will not try and scan until my levels reach 1000.

Is there anyway a private scan might be able to see anything with an hcg level of 108?

dwinnol Thu 01-May-14 17:11:55

I have no experience in this but I'm bumping for someone who does. Good luck OP.

sebsmummy1 Thu 01-May-14 17:38:32

Thank you. No one seems to know unfortunately, I have even approached a private scan clinic this morning and no one rung me back. I am just waiting for something horrible to happen now. It's heart breaking.

Borntobeamum Thu 01-May-14 20:12:23

Hand holding here x

dottyaboutstripes Fri 02-May-14 00:06:21

I had an ectopic pregnancy and was told nothing could be seen until hcg was closer to 2000 in general. Really hope it's not happening to you

Artistic Fri 02-May-14 09:07:29

Babybond centres do scans from 5 weeks (incase of suspected complications). Try ringing them. They are open on Saturdays in some places.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now