Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

IBS, endometriosis, or something else?

(2 Posts)
NearlySchoolTime Thu 24-Apr-14 17:28:13

Hello there,

Posting to see if anyone has experience of this. For nearly a year I have had a dull pain to the immediate right of my belly button which is tender to the touch. It's always there but varies in intensity, and not according to any pattern I can see e.g. time of the month, when I've eaten etc. I do also feel pain in the lower right hand side as well but not as consistently. Sometimes my whole navel feels quite swollen and tense.

I've had an abdominal CT, test for coeliac disease and an endoscopy - all negative. My GP is reluctant to keep investigating as we are TTC and she doesn't want to delay things (I am 38). In 2012 I had a pregnancy which ended very badly - I have a suspicion she thinks a lot of this is stress-related. There are no other symptoms, or at least not as far as I can tell - I have always had a "lively" digestion. My GP has mentioned both IBS and endometriosis as possible causes.

I'm really torn - do I keep investigating or do I keep on ttc and live with the pain and anxiety? I have one DS aged 5 already.

Has anyone had anything similar? Apologies for the length of post. I'm quite scared to hit "create" on this in case I am told it sounds serious but I really don't know what to do.

NearlySchoolTime Fri 25-Apr-14 09:19:08

Oh, and the GP surgery has just called - my iron levels are low. <tries not to google>.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now