Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Weird boob skin...

(9 Posts)
BathildaBagshot Wed 23-Apr-14 13:55:45

I've not yet posted on here but you all seem so lovely that I thought you might be able to give some advice.

I recently noticed a reddish patch on the top of my right breast, looked a little like a mark left by my bra so I dismissed it. Was only after realising that my bra doesn't touch that bit that I had another look and popped some 8 hour cream on it.

The patch is now pretty much skin coloured, but a weirdly dry texture - almost like the remnant from a mild burn (kind of crepey and wrinkly, very thin layer of skin).

Have tried googling it to no avail and can't get to docs for a couple of weeks.

No past skin conditions btw - what do you think it could be?

LEMmingaround Wed 23-Apr-14 13:59:02

Have you lost weight at all recently? I had this in the past and had these patches come up, sort of dry and wafery? I did go to the doctors about it and was told it was nothing to worry about. My theory is though, if you are worried, go to the doctor.

CMOTDibbler Wed 23-Apr-14 14:05:48

I think you need to see your GP about it

exexpat Wed 23-Apr-14 14:15:29

I would see the GP about it. Most likely just an odd skin thing, but occasionally some forms of breast cancer present as changes in the skin of the breast.

whatadrama Wed 23-Apr-14 14:19:48

I agree with exepat, its most likely nothing but Inflammatory Breast cancer presents very differently to the most common forms so its definitely worth having it ruled out by a Dr and if it is nothing, picking up some prescription cream before the sun comes out to clear the rash!

BathildaBagshot Wed 23-Apr-14 14:25:22

I wish I had lost weight! grin

I didn't expect so many replies so soon. Will take a day off work and go to GP as didn't realise could be that serious!

BathildaBagshot Wed 23-Apr-14 14:30:27

And thank you for taking the time to reply smile

whatadrama Wed 23-Apr-14 14:32:37

Make sure you post back after your appointment to let us know which dodgy wash powder you have been using! wink

BathildaBagshot Wed 23-Apr-14 14:36:11

Will do! Didn't even think of that as a possibility. Ha!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now