Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

MS - moving house, using energy reserves and how to manage

(3 Posts)
HighwayEgg Tue 22-Apr-14 11:03:01

I have MS, and know that I have an energy 'reserve' as it were, so I am aware that my energy levels can deplete quite quickly. We are moving next week and the packing already is knackering me sad we cant afford a removal company so we are hiring a van, since its a Tuesday there arent many people who can help. So the lifting and moving is down to me, and dp. DP knows he will have to do the majority of it, but I have to help.

I know I'm going to be awful next weekend, are there any preemptive measures I can take?

helzapoppin2 Tue 22-Apr-14 22:17:35

Hi, Highway, I don't have MS, but just wanted to reply. I've moved house recently, exhausting even if you're fit and well. The brunt of our move was borne by DH, while he was trying to work full time as well.
I would say take it as an opportunity for a throw out. We've moved stuff and at the other end wondered why we brought some things. Just do what you can, a bit each day. You hint that it's you who needs to get stuck in to the packing up. I'm sure DP will understand that you have to be careful and can't do all you'd like to. Good luck with the move. I hope someone more helpful comes along soon!

HighwayEgg Wed 23-Apr-14 07:34:04

Yes helz it's me packing, dp works full time and has had to take a few days off already for me. The move couldn't have come at a worse time as he is deploying the huge project they've been working on for months and he's been doing long hours to get finished and make up the time sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now