Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What's stage 2 Kidney Disease?

(19 Posts)
KatyMac Sun 13-Apr-14 07:25:52

I'm assuming it's not that much of a problem.

There seems to be a need for it to be tested for more than once or have associated symptoms (apart from a blood test) is that right?

KatyMac Sun 13-Apr-14 09:18:36

bump

KiaOraOAotearoa Sun 13-Apr-14 09:28:10

Stage2 means the kidney has had some damage/scarring from a variety if conditions.
The follow up and care depends on the individual. Speak to your consultant smile

KatyMac Sun 13-Apr-14 10:02:35

Don't have one & if I get one he will be Gastro.....

KatyMac Sun 13-Apr-14 10:09:32

But thank you smile

KatyMac Sun 13-Apr-14 14:16:21

Does anyone else have any info

I'm not sure if I should worry or ignore tbh

Try this site for more information. smile

KatyMac Sun 13-Apr-14 14:37:46

Thanks - I'd just googled (I try not to google as it's always a bad idea with health)

I think with a blood test but no other symptoms I should just ignore - but I will check with the GP

Sounds like a good plan to see the GP.
Some sites are just too confusing, that one was the best I saw. Hope all is OK. flowers

candycoatedwaterdrops Sun 13-Apr-14 16:29:17

Did you see this on your blood test results? If so, did your GP flag it up? Def have a chat with the GP though. Hope you get answers. flowers

KatyMac Sun 13-Apr-14 16:36:45

Yes it was on my blood tests but the website says without other evidence it doesn't mean much

& as far as I'm aware I have not kidney damage or any other symptoms

I 'might' have had a kidney stone once- but equally as the pain went away over about 12 hours (I think) it 'might' well have not been a kidney stone

I do think the problems I have are not helped by the way in which medicine in this country is split down into bits - rather than looking at the whole picture

candycoatedwaterdrops Sun 13-Apr-14 16:51:01

Do you have a print out? Sometimes there is a comment next to them...?

KatyMac Sun 13-Apr-14 16:58:49

It basically says the same - without other symptoms or repeated testing (over 3 months) it means nothing

candycoatedwaterdrops Sun 13-Apr-14 17:28:28

Have you been recalled to see GP?

candycoatedwaterdrops Sun 13-Apr-14 17:29:43

Ooops pressed to soon, either way definitely chat to your doctor to put your mind at rest. I know you've been worrying about some health stuff lately. flowers

Musicaltheatremum Sun 13-Apr-14 17:54:34

This was brought to the forefront if general practice a few years ago as a way of trying to help prevent the decline of early kidney disease into dialysis. Basically it has caused a lot of anxiety amongst people. I have to smile at stage 2 because where I work we just start with stage 3. The labs don't test for anything higher.

We have about 250 people with stage 3-5. Stage 3 seems to stay that way for ages and doesn't always decline. I wouldn't worry unless you are diabetic or have high blood pressure then blood pressure control is very important.

You also need 2 tests 3 months apart to actually have it (at least for stage 3)

Sleepyhoglet Sun 13-Apr-14 17:54:51

I think kidney disease is Uncurable but goes from stage 1-5. Stage 2 is not too much to worry about but be careful what medications are taken to prevent further damage.

KatyMac Sun 13-Apr-14 18:05:23

No, I'm seeing the GP about my other symptoms (muscle/joint/bone pain IBS/food intolerances & mouth ulcers)

I had a feeling it was a bit of a red herring

KatyMac Thu 24-Apr-14 11:34:43

I have 3 tests going back to 2010 with the same result - should I worry, be concerned or ignore?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now