Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

What's stage 2 Kidney Disease?

(19 Posts)
KatyMac Sun 13-Apr-14 07:25:52

I'm assuming it's not that much of a problem.

There seems to be a need for it to be tested for more than once or have associated symptoms (apart from a blood test) is that right?

KatyMac Sun 13-Apr-14 09:18:36

bump

KiaOraOAotearoa Sun 13-Apr-14 09:28:10

Stage2 means the kidney has had some damage/scarring from a variety if conditions.
The follow up and care depends on the individual. Speak to your consultant smile

KatyMac Sun 13-Apr-14 10:02:35

Don't have one & if I get one he will be Gastro.....

KatyMac Sun 13-Apr-14 10:09:32

But thank you smile

KatyMac Sun 13-Apr-14 14:16:21

Does anyone else have any info

I'm not sure if I should worry or ignore tbh

Try this site for more information. smile

KatyMac Sun 13-Apr-14 14:37:46

Thanks - I'd just googled (I try not to google as it's always a bad idea with health)

I think with a blood test but no other symptoms I should just ignore - but I will check with the GP

Sounds like a good plan to see the GP.
Some sites are just too confusing, that one was the best I saw. Hope all is OK. flowers

candycoatedwaterdrops Sun 13-Apr-14 16:29:17

Did you see this on your blood test results? If so, did your GP flag it up? Def have a chat with the GP though. Hope you get answers. flowers

KatyMac Sun 13-Apr-14 16:36:45

Yes it was on my blood tests but the website says without other evidence it doesn't mean much

& as far as I'm aware I have not kidney damage or any other symptoms

I 'might' have had a kidney stone once- but equally as the pain went away over about 12 hours (I think) it 'might' well have not been a kidney stone

I do think the problems I have are not helped by the way in which medicine in this country is split down into bits - rather than looking at the whole picture

candycoatedwaterdrops Sun 13-Apr-14 16:51:01

Do you have a print out? Sometimes there is a comment next to them...?

KatyMac Sun 13-Apr-14 16:58:49

It basically says the same - without other symptoms or repeated testing (over 3 months) it means nothing

candycoatedwaterdrops Sun 13-Apr-14 17:28:28

Have you been recalled to see GP?

candycoatedwaterdrops Sun 13-Apr-14 17:29:43

Ooops pressed to soon, either way definitely chat to your doctor to put your mind at rest. I know you've been worrying about some health stuff lately. flowers

Musicaltheatremum Sun 13-Apr-14 17:54:34

This was brought to the forefront if general practice a few years ago as a way of trying to help prevent the decline of early kidney disease into dialysis. Basically it has caused a lot of anxiety amongst people. I have to smile at stage 2 because where I work we just start with stage 3. The labs don't test for anything higher.

We have about 250 people with stage 3-5. Stage 3 seems to stay that way for ages and doesn't always decline. I wouldn't worry unless you are diabetic or have high blood pressure then blood pressure control is very important.

You also need 2 tests 3 months apart to actually have it (at least for stage 3)

Sleepyhoglet Sun 13-Apr-14 17:54:51

I think kidney disease is Uncurable but goes from stage 1-5. Stage 2 is not too much to worry about but be careful what medications are taken to prevent further damage.

KatyMac Sun 13-Apr-14 18:05:23

No, I'm seeing the GP about my other symptoms (muscle/joint/bone pain IBS/food intolerances & mouth ulcers)

I had a feeling it was a bit of a red herring

KatyMac Thu 24-Apr-14 11:34:43

I have 3 tests going back to 2010 with the same result - should I worry, be concerned or ignore?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now