Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Bleeding when going to the loo - reassure me

(11 Posts)
Queencat Fri 04-Apr-14 16:21:33

The last few times I've been to the toilet and wipes myself there is bleeding and my bottom is really sore.

I can't get a doctors appointment, has anyone else had this? And could it just be piles?

Thanks

Shewhomustobeyed Fri 04-Apr-14 16:26:45

Yes - this could just be piles.

Till you get your doctor's appointment, you could either go to a gp walk-in centre or talk to a pharmacist (who are also very good sources of information).

Hope you feel better soon.

Pagwatch Fri 04-Apr-14 16:26:50

Well yes it could just be piles. But it is worth getting checked out if you are not prone to piles.

Hawkinzy Fri 04-Apr-14 16:35:06

Is the blood bright red? If so it's more than likely to be a fissure or piles.

Queencat Fri 04-Apr-14 16:48:21

Yes bright red like a period. Sorry I'm cringing I hate talking about things like this!

Hawkinzy Fri 04-Apr-14 17:08:39

This may make you cringe a bit more smile When you go to the toilet does it feel like you're passing glass shards or razors? From experience (blush) that's probably a fissure and they flippin' hurt! Can you not get a doctors appointment at all?

Queencat Fri 04-Apr-14 17:18:15

It stings a lot and very painful. No appointments this week not until next Friday. It's not an emergency apparently.

Canihaveaslice Fri 04-Apr-14 22:29:31

It does sound like internal piles or fissure. Your gp will probably do an examination just to check, it's always best to get bleeding checked out just incase

Charlie01234 Fri 04-Apr-14 22:53:13

Bright red blood and stinging would indicate piles or fissure I think. Try not to panic - just get checked.

flow4 Sat 05-Apr-14 22:01:32

Here's some reassurance... smile I went to the doc with similar symptoms, except I had some darker blood too. I got a same day emergency appointment when I described my symptoms, which freaked me out a bit. The doc examined me (a finger and a sort of periscope up my bum!) and said she thought it was internal piles but wanted to refer me for a sigmoidoscopy (camera exam) just to be sure. I had that this week, and although it wasn't pleasant, everything was fine - I just have piles - and I have been discharged.
Good luck! smile

greeneyedcat Sun 06-Apr-14 15:00:14

Definitely ask for an emergency appointment. I would hope bleeding from the bottom (until you know what it is) is an emergency. Most likely piles and/or a fissure but please dont put off seeing the doctor. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now