Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Menopause? Please tell me what are your symptoms?

(13 Posts)
MyHuckingFormones Fri 04-Apr-14 10:54:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

deedeelondon Fri 04-Apr-14 23:49:35

Your symptoms really do sound like the menopause. A simple blood test will tell.

Seaoftroubles Sun 06-Apr-14 14:29:59

It does sound as if you could be in peri menopause-have a look at Menopausematters.co.uk-you will find load of info on there.

1966gettingold Sun 06-Apr-14 17:02:43

Brilliant website called menopausematters it's a forum with lots of lovely ladies, all going mad together.

1966gettingold Sun 06-Apr-14 17:05:36

GPS seem to think everything requires anti ds, cheaper than HRT. I am perimeno and going through hell at the moment it can last anything from 2- 12 bloody years!!!!!!!!!

MyHuckingFormones Mon 07-Apr-14 12:37:10

Peachypossum Mon 07-Apr-14 14:50:58

I have very similar and the dr is checking me for menopause. I'm only 33 sad

BoJolly Mon 07-Apr-14 15:19:37

I'm on the other side of the menopause and recognise all of your symptoms. I had the anxiety to the point of panic attacks and waking up in the night with feelings of dread. There was absolutely no reason for it. I started taking Menolieve (available from Boots) and it made a huge difference. The anxiety & fuzzy headedness disappeared and the hot sweats were much reduced.

Even if it was only a placebo effect - I don't care because it worked smile

alemci Mon 07-Apr-14 15:31:07

may be peri rather than the actual menopause.

I find I am sweaty, flush on my chest at times., itchy breasts, night sweats occasionally but having irregular proper periods, I am 46

MyHuckingFormones Mon 07-Apr-14 18:22:23

MyHuckingFormones Mon 07-Apr-14 18:25:52

meditrina Mon 07-Apr-14 18:43:58

Have you seen the menopause topic?

The perimenopause chat thread might be helpful for you.

grimbletart Mon 07-Apr-14 19:04:34

I'm way past the menopause and out the other side. I found the hot flushes and night sweats were at their worst in the lead up to the menopause i.e. in my case from about 47 to 51 (had last period at 51) and diminished somewhat then, though unfortunately they did go on for some years afterwards to a lesser degree. With periods I had the opposite effect to you - very much heavier and more frequent with flooding in my late 40s and then returned to normal amounts and longer and longer intervals until they stopped.

I didn't have any anxiety attacks, mood swings or anything like that - the symptoms were entirely physical for me - "flooding and flushes" is how I'd describe it. I didn't take anything for it because I figured it would simply go away when it had done its thing and i'm not a great one for pills and potions, prefer exercise and ignoring it (not easy when you get caught short in a red tide)! Sorry, to much information there grin

I think it is a very individual thing and you can't really tell how it will be for you until you are in it. I was actually surprised to have symptoms as I had never had PMS or period pains in my life and thought I would therefore sail through meno. How wrong can you be? Serves me right.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now