Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anal skin tag or hemorhoidectomy(sp) ##tmi alert##

(6 Posts)
Canihaveaslice Wed 02-Apr-14 22:16:21

I'm hoping there's someone on here who may have something similar.

Thanks to dd I had horrendous piles, the result of this was ongoing piles and one that didn't heal which left a skin tag on the outsideblush
I had banding of the internal piles which helped but I think they've come back now. It means I always bleed when I go to the toilet and any change in bowel habits flares up my piles.
I've learnt to cope with the piles but the constant skin tag is embarrassing, it's the size of a squishy malteaser .

Has anyone suffered from anything similar or had any treatment for it. Surely getting it removed would just involve cutting it off or is a hemorhoidectomy the only option?
Thanks in advance

WideAwakeMum Thu 03-Apr-14 23:26:47

Poor you, that's tough. Ask your gp for a referral & good luck. More common after babies than you might think. X

Seaoftroubles Fri 04-Apr-14 17:21:57

Watching with interest..

Canihaveaslice Fri 04-Apr-14 22:22:44

I went to the gp on Wednesday and he's referred me but could offer any options on what they may do.

I was hoping there may have been anyone else out there who had similar or treatment for it.

Charlie01234 Fri 04-Apr-14 22:57:28

I had this after my first baby. Had internal and external piles and was left with a skin tag. Had to have operation to remove. Was very painful afterwards (razorblades) but totally worth it because I am fine now. Go for it.

Canihaveaslice Sat 05-Apr-14 20:35:40

Charlie, can you remember what the op was? I've googled stuff and read horror stories which are putting me off

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now